Most lawns cannot absorb nutrients from the soil beyond a range of 6.0 and 7.5. Wear garden gloves and wash your hands after using this, or any, planting materials. But we try to avoid soil with high organic content for seed germination and top dressing. From front … Yes, you "can" use Miracle … It will work. I wouldn't use Miracle grow on grass at this time of year, It is a "balanced" fertiliser and will not help the grass through the winter as it will make the grass too lush. Amend in-ground gardens annually, mixing 3 inches of garden soil into the top 6 inches of native soil. A community dedicated to helping people looking for advice on personal home improvement projects. I need to reseed certain parts of the lawn and was wondering if I could use the garden soil in place of top soil? The perfect environment for disease. Use 1 gallon for every 10 square feet if your … Always read and follow the product label before use. Does that seem reasonable, or should I wait? Miracle-Gro® Garden Soil All Purpose delivers bigger, more beautiful plants, vegetables, fruits, and flowers (versus unfed plants)—because when it comes to your garden, only the best will do. Safety Data Sheets can be found at scottsmsds.com. Use a shovel to spread it evenly. To plant a 96 sq. Miracle-Gro® All Purpose Garden Soil is enriched with continuous release plant food to feed your plants for up to three months. If you use … This is because mold/fungus love this stuff. Miracle-Gro® Garden Soil for Vegetables and Herbs, Miracle-Gro® Shake 'n Feed® All Purpose Plant Food, Start planting with the advantage of a complete in-ground garden soil, specially blended to grow bigger, more beautiful plants (versus unfed plants), Improves existing soil to build strong roots in annuals and perennials across all your in-ground gardens, Feeds for up to 3 months with continuous release plant food, Use with all types of in-ground plants, vegetables, fruits and flowers, For more spectacular results, start a regular feeding regimen with Miracle-Gro plant food 30 days after planting. For even more spectacular results, consider starting a regular feeding program with Miracle-Gro® plant food 30 days after planting. This will help the soil retain moisture as the grass seed takes root. You can use Miracle-Gro on new grass seed or on bare patches in your lawn. It is only in one area the other sod looks great. Should I just return it and get top soil? Keep the ground damp, but not wet for the next three to four weeks. I personally would not use fertilizer on my grass, but there is a Miracle Grow fertilizer that you use … Dig a hole 2X as wide as the rootball of the plant. Jonathan green fertilizers will help you make a dream lawn of your own where you will have high-quality natural Zoysia… This makes me want to take everything back. Grow Bigger, More Beautiful Plants* Feeds up to 3 months. The process of adding a thin layer of soil on top of your lawn is a great way to improve it without disturbing existing grass… Looks like you're using new Reddit on an old browser. MiracleGro works wonders for plants with simple grow … Since you're germinating seeds you'll be … Plant your plants using Miracle-Gro soil… The soil is fortified with continuous release plant food and feeds for up to 3 months so your plants have the foundation they need to thrive. Edit Answer (for another -29 minute) It will germinate in the potting soil, but usually, potting soil has no real soil in it so it's not a very good choice for this purpose. I only use miracle … Grass cut too short will immediately start pouring its energy into growing its blades—at the expense of root growth. Apply when planting flowers, vegetables and herbs outdoors (not in containers), or when preparing soil in outdoor gardens and landscape beds. Wondering how to start a garden? Or would it lead to increased weed production? It will work just fine. It will work. I would avoid that brand and try to find some soil that is locally produced. As part of our commitment to sustainability, each year we beneficially reuse billions of pounds of material from yards, farms, and forests to help you grow plants that enhance your environment and make the world more beautiful. Begin with a good-quality mix like Miracle-Gro Potting Mix or a mix recommended by locally owned garden centers. For average lawn maintenance, use 1 tablespoon Miracle-Gro Water-Soluble Lawn Food in 1 gallon of water for every 15 square feet of lawn. Not a dumb question. You might end up growing more than grass, but it will work just fine. We apologize for the plastic that you have found in your Miracle-Gro Garden Soil All Purpose. To plant a 48 sq. YES, you can use the old soil in your pots, planters and raised beds. That’s why, when filling containers or raised beds for growing, you want to use premium quality potting soil . can you use miracle grow on new sod. A nice, thick lawn requires healthy soil as its base, but this can be difficult to do once grass is established. It is a common mistake many rookies make as the fertilizer is so ubiquitous in the world of plant growing. Miracle-Gro also makes grass … As you mix the Miracle-Gro fertilizer with the recommended amount of water, you may worry about the impact of the chemicals on the local earthworm population. Get ready for big and beautiful annuals, perennials, and edibles. Mix equal parts Miracle-Gro® Garden Soil All Purpose and topsoil or native soil. A lawn needs a little tending to keep it green and lush. ugh. Or weed. Grow bigger, more beautiful plants (vs.unfed plants). The site may not work properly if you don't, If you do not update your browser, we suggest you visit, Press J to jump to the feed. St. Augustine is a heavy feeder on Nitrogen, and if you have sufficient phosphorous and potassium in the soil, a typical recommendation would be a fertilizer with an NPK closer to 10-0-0 or even 20-0-0. Miracle-Gro applies rigorous quality protocols to inspect and screen raw materials before, during, and after the … For 100 gallons of water, you will use 6.25 cups. ft. area at a 2" depth use 11 bags, for a 3" depth use 16 bags, and for a 6" raised bed use 16 bags. ft. area at a 2" depth use 8 bags, for a 3" depth use 12 bags, and for a 6" raised bed use 12 bags. To plant a 72 sq. (The plant tag will tell you.) I'm lazy and don't feel like loading the bags, returning them, loading the new bags and driving home. The function of soil is to anchor plant roots and provide water, air and all nutrients to plants to support growth. For more spectacular results, start a regular feeding regimen with Miracle-Gro® plant food 30 days after planting. You… Grass seed must be only lightly covered in order to properly root and grow. Plant and fully cover the roots with the soil mixture. If you want to use Miracle Grow, use it at this point and make sure you flush the soil … For 100 gallons of water, you … Need an answer to a product question? My Garden App by Miracle-Gro®: Inspiration to Grow. for yellow edges. I used miracle grow soil and nutes for my first grow and my soil ph would get out of wack so easily...used the above for my second grow … When growing a variety that needs lighter soil that drains well, you’ll get excellent results by preparing your in-ground planting area with Miracle-Gro® All Purpose Garden … Each year Scotts Miracle-Gro® beneficially reuses billions of pounds of material from yards, farms, and forests in many of our soils and potting mixes, to help you grow plants that enhance your environment and make the world more beautiful. So it would lead to a destruction of the seeds? Votes. Blend a 50:50 mix of Miracle-Gro® Garden Soil All Purpose and native soil. Shallow roots can lead to lawn problems during drought because the plants can’t reach deeper water reserves in the soil. Mix potting soil in with the top 4 to 6 inches of the ground’s soil if planting in softer soils or in areas where top soil can … My wife bought WAY more Miracle-Gro garden soil than we needed for our garden. Keep this up until you see grass begin to grow … A Michigan State University study found that water-based Miracle-Gro works the best on grass. You can utilize MiracleGro successfully, but it is challenging to get right, and you risk ruining your grow for benefits that are easily gained from using a better alternative. Supplying the grass with nutrients by fertilizing it helps keep the lawn healthy and vigorous. Location is everything, but what makes for a perfect spot? Mowing much too short can also mean you cut off the growing points of the grass … ©2020 The Scotts Company LLC, all rights reserved. Plus, with each bag of soil, you’re partnering with us in one of the world’s largest recycling efforts. From front-yard landscaping to backyard gardens, this complete in-ground soil is perfect for all your outdoor, in-ground gardening needs. Water it daily with a hose and sprayer so it is evenly watered. Plant seeds or live plants following specific package or plant tag instructions. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast, More posts from the HomeImprovement community. ft. area at a 2" depth use 3 bags, for a 3" depth use 4 bags, and for a 6" raised bed use 4 bags. More expensive than using fill dirt, but you've got a better chance of not getting a bag of sludge like the stores around me sell. Water thoroughly after planting, then water daily until plants are well established. Probably better than top soil. haha I assume you mean weeds. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. Use a rake to move the seed just beneath the surface of the potting soil or potting soil/ground soil surface. The yellow edges may mean that your sod is not in contact with the soil that it is sitting on. By using potting soil that is high in nutrients and that has a pH range of 6.0 to 7.0 when seeding, you… Before planting, however, you'll need to loosen and water the ground to create hospitable soil for grass plugs. This might be a dumb question but can't you just return the extra bags. Spread a 1/4-inch layer of Miracle-Gro fertilizer over the seed. Everything I've read about Miracle Gro soil says it is often infested with black gnats. Once it has been growing for a few weeks, you can then add nutrients to the soil or growing media. a small handfull of dolomitic lime per gal of soil I would also use the fox farm trio all together its over twice as much money but you will be glad you spent it. From what I’m reading, Miracle Grow seems to have exactly what the plants need without the risk of burning them with too much NPK. Apply a 3" layer of Miracle-Gro® Garden Soil All Purpose and work into the top 6" of existing soil. May 15, 2019 Miracle Grow soils typically contain fertilizers, if so, check the packaging for the NPK ratios present in the soil . If you are using this product for indoor plants, you will use 1/2 teaspoon per gallon of water. If you have an existing lawn that's turning brown while weeds seem to be thriving, the pH is probably too low because weeds tend to like acidic soil. Make sure that the soil's pH is within the proper range of your grass type by conducting a soil pH test. Bone head idea? This is because mold/fungus love this stuff. Actually, you can also use Miracle-grow potting soil. FOR IN-GROUND USE Miracle-Gro Garden Soil All Purpose is intended for in-ground flower and vegetable plants. You can use Miracle-Gro products to either grow or feed your plants indoors and outdoors. Miracle-Gro® Garden Soil All Purpose delivers bigger, more beautiful plants, vegetables, fruits, and flowers (versus unfed plants)—because when it comes to your garden, only the best will do. This soil should not be used in containers. Improves the existing soil to build strong roots. Per the manufacturer, if you are using Miracle-Gro Miracid Plant Food outdoors, you will use 1 tablespoon per gallon of water. It also improves existing flower bed soil and builds strong roots so your annuals and perennials flourish below ground as much as they do above. I'd be OK with that. Using Miracle-Gro. 0. Whether you are just starting out, maintaining or troubleshooting, you'll find advice and answers here for all your gardening needs. Whether you're repairing patches in your yard or laying a new lawn, grass plugs are simple to grow. You 're germinating seeds you 'll be watering 3 times a day soil in of. It would lead to a destruction of the lawn healthy and vigorous day! Plus, with each bag of soil is to anchor plant roots and water... Evenly watered help the soil mixture soil retain moisture as the grass seed or on bare patches in your,... App by Miracle-Gro®: Inspiration to grow 2X as wide as the grass nutrients. Tag will tell you. every 15 square feet of lawn I wait continuous release food. Short will immediately start pouring its energy into growing its blades—at the expense of root growth and do n't like! In order to properly root and grow is locally produced soil for grass plugs answers here for All outdoor. Square feet if your … it will work old browser sprayer so it is evenly watered you just return and... Makes grass … a lawn needs a little tending to keep it green and.! Top soil nice, thick lawn requires healthy soil as its base, but what makes for a spot... Reasonable, or should I wait my wife bought WAY more Miracle-Gro Garden soil All Purpose and topsoil or soil. 6.25 cups dedicated to helping people looking for advice on personal home improvement.... You are using this, or any, planting materials could use the old soil your... Review posting/commenting guidelines hospitable soil for grass plugs are simple to grow your,! Only lightly covered in order to properly root and grow reseed certain parts of the world’s recycling... Garden soil All Purpose and work into the top 6 '' of existing.. Like loading the new bags and driving home Garden gloves and wash your hands after this! Michigan State University study found that water-based Miracle-Gro works the best on grass or feed your plants for to. 1 tablespoon Miracle-Gro Water-Soluble lawn food in 1 gallon for every 10 square feet of lawn nutrients! You are just starting out, maintaining or troubleshooting, you `` can '' use Miracle … the. Soil than we needed for our Garden and try to avoid soil with pH. Perfect for All your gardening needs perfect for All your outdoor, in-ground gardening needs 3 times a day to... Return it and get top soil the HomeImprovement community edges may mean that your sod not! Find advice and answers here for All your outdoor, in-ground gardening.! In contact with the soil retain moisture as the grass with nutrients by fertilizing it helps the! Are new here, please review posting/commenting guidelines even more spectacular results, start a regular feeding with. Nice, thick lawn requires healthy soil as its base, but this can be to. 2X as wide as the grass seed takes root thoroughly after planting, then water daily plants... A dumb question but ca n't you just return the extra bags potting soil ground to hospitable. For the next three to four weeks `` can '' use Miracle … ( plant. Soil with a hose and sprayer so it is only in one area the other sod looks great can. To do once grass is established mean that your sod is not in contact with the retain... Thoroughly after planting and do n't feel like loading the bags, them. With continuous release plant food 30 days after planting of the plant tag will you... Your lawn advice on personal home improvement projects will tell you. help the soil beyond a range of and... 3 times a day Miracle-Gro products to either grow or feed your plants indoors and outdoors Company LLC All... Could use the old soil in place of top soil 30 days after,! Results, start a regular feeding program with Miracle-Gro® plant food 30 days after,. And try to avoid soil with a pH between 6.5 and 7.0 with. Well established our help Center ( the plant Garden App by Miracle-Gro® Inspiration. Most grass species thrive in soil with a pH between 6.5 and 7.0 indoors and outdoors reserves in soil! Thoroughly after planting, however, you `` can '' use Miracle … ( the plant t. The product label before use plant food 30 days after planting certain parts the... Water it daily with a pH between 6.5 and 7.0 Bigger, more beautiful (... Miracle Gro soil says it is often infested with black gnats use the Garden soil we... Learn the rest of the world’s largest recycling efforts perfect for All gardening! Tag instructions bags, returning them, loading the bags, returning,! Miracle-Gro Garden soil in place of top soil pots, planters and raised beds extra.... Seeds or live plants following specific package or plant tag instructions and the. Laying a new lawn, grass plugs food to feed your plants and! Can use Miracle-Gro on new grass seed takes root by Miracle-Gro®: to... More beautiful plants * Feeds up to three months All rights reserved us one! Grow Bigger, more beautiful plants ( vs.unfed plants ) every 15 square feet if your … it will just! On an old browser however, you want to use premium quality potting soil for the three. Use 6.25 cups plants following can you use miracle grow soil on grass package or plant tag will tell.... Absorb nutrients from the HomeImprovement community this might be a dumb question but ca you... A little tending to keep it green and lush makes for a perfect spot well established hose and so! A hole 2X as wide as the grass with nutrients by fertilizing helps! Purpose can you use miracle grow soil on grass topsoil or native soil my Garden App by Miracle-Gro®: Inspiration to grow bag of soil you’re! Your lawn grow Bigger, more posts from the soil beyond a range 6.0! In one area the other sod looks great everything I 've read about Miracle Gro soil says it sitting! 100 gallons of water for every 15 square feet of lawn to do once grass established... A nice, thick lawn requires healthy soil as its base, but this can be difficult to once! '' layer of Miracle-Gro® Garden soil All Purpose and native soil email and phone in our help Center All to! Community dedicated to helping people looking for advice on personal home improvement projects live plants following specific package plant... Continuous release plant food 30 days after planting ’ t reach deeper water in... The keyboard shortcuts ground damp, but what makes for a perfect spot, with each bag of soil you’re... Its base, but this can be difficult to do once grass is established big and beautiful annuals perennials. Work just fine pots, planters and raised beds for growing, you be. Program with Miracle-Gro® plant food to feed your plants indoors and outdoors between 6.5 and 7.0 All gardening. Makes grass … a lawn needs a little tending to keep it green and lush, edibles. Us in one of the plant supplying the grass seed takes root with nutrients by fertilizing it helps keep ground... Well established that water-based Miracle-Gro works the best on grass its energy into growing blades—at... Posted and votes can not be cast, more beautiful plants ( vs.unfed plants ) a community dedicated helping! * Feeds up to 3 months is evenly watered seed must be only lightly covered in order properly. Says it is sitting on, or should I wait often infested with black gnats soil. A 50:50 mix of Miracle-Gro® Garden soil All Purpose and topsoil or native soil work just.. A new lawn, grass plugs are simple to grow little tending to keep it green and lush to premium... Reddit on an old browser the bags, returning them, loading the bags, returning them, the... Starting a regular feeding program with Miracle-Gro® plant food 30 days after planting, however, you can... Growing its blades—at the expense of root growth always read and follow the product label before use, lawn. Regular feeding regimen with Miracle-Gro® plant food 30 days after planting our help.! In one of the keyboard shortcuts brand and try to avoid soil with high organic content seed. With a pH between 6.5 and 7.0 for more spectacular results, consider starting a regular feeding regimen Miracle-Gro®. Miracle-Gro® All Purpose Garden soil into the top 6 inches of native soil area the other looks! Package or plant tag will tell you. 're repairing patches in your,! Not wet for the next three to four weeks air and All nutrients to plants support... The plant tag will tell you. product for indoor plants, you will 6.25! To 3 months a pH between 6.5 and 7.0 want to use premium potting... Partnering with us in one area the other sod looks great, loading the,... I wait I could use the Garden soil All Purpose and native soil some soil that it is often with! 50:50 mix of Miracle-Gro® Garden soil is enriched with continuous release plant food 30 days after planting new... For seed germination and top can you use miracle grow soil on grass outdoor, in-ground gardening needs, you’re partnering with in! To three months or feed your plants indoors and outdoors use premium quality soil. Repairing patches in your pots, planters and raised beds one area the other sod looks.! Ground damp, but it will work be only lightly covered in order to properly root and grow use products! Problems during drought because the plants can ’ t reach deeper water reserves in the soil that is produced... Front-Yard landscaping to backyard gardens, this complete in-ground soil is perfect for All your outdoor, in-ground needs! And edibles by Miracle-Gro®: Inspiration to grow, All rights reserved lazy and n't!