Lenovo IdeaPad s740: i7-9750H, GTX 1650 max-q, 1080p display (not sure about the color gamut) 16 GB. But the CPU on the s740 looks substantially better. How come? Cookies help us deliver our Services. Lenovo Inc. View View. 59. The IdeaPad S740 comes with two Thunderbolt™ 3 ports. save. Connect to USB-C accessories to help expand your computer functionality. Do you like it? I just found out that Lenovo offering 4k display with 100%adobe RGB and hdr10+ with s740 14" - source laptopmag. Just got the ideapad s740 15inch. So not really an option for me. Price is 1099 € for Students in Germany for the Version with i7-1065G7, 16GB RAM, 512 GB SSD & FHD HDR Display. Just sent my 14 inch back, kept crashing, fan was overly loud and battery life not fantastic. Meet the Yoga S740, a stylish laptop that melds smarter performance with thoughtful features to make your life easier. For me it looks like a scam to trick buyers into thinking they get Thunderbolt 3 support . Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. Please provide me your serial number through message so I can get the specific part number of the keyboard for S740 … I bought a new Lenovo Yoga S740-14IIL and wanted to use an external display via the USB Typ C Thunderbolt port, which should be capable off it and is marked by a little Thunderbolt-logo. ... ideapad S740 151RH - Keyboard issue. i got that as well. Well the S740 is more powerful having an H series and a full 1650, so I am considering it over the prestige. That battery life does not seem to be enough for me. Add to cart. Lenovo launched the line in 2008 to provide users with more choices. Lenovo markets IdeaPad convertibles as all-around devices. Dondon_Lenovo The S740 is on sale right now, at a pretty tempting price. My main concerns with the ideapad is battery life and build quality. Handle your business. Bought bought Yoga S740-15IRH laptop, which is covered with the Thunderbolt 3 stickers, but didn't work with a single Thunderbolt 3 device I have.Talked to Lenovo tech support and they said it works only with USB C devices. Congratulations. Met de Yoga S740 kun je creëren, delen en kijken als je onderweg bent. Not very nice to look at. And the line proved a massive success. I love the Zenbooks build, its thinner, and it looks gorgeous. I am really thinking about trying a quality control lottery for third time, because in my country its by far the best deal for a powerful laptop with solid GPU and there were some things i really liked. Lenovo IdeaPad S940 bottom line. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts, https://laptopmedia.com/review/lenovo-yoga-s740-14-review-it-has-great-features-but-disappoints-with-performance/. What are your impressions? The S740 is on sale right now, at a pretty tempting price. The noise was coming from laptop itself (didnt matter if it was running on battery or AC) and from charging brick too. Lees meer over Ideapad laptops en ultrabooks, en hun brede portfolio van toonaangevende ontwerpen met de nieuwste processor-, graphics-, scherm- en audiotechnologie. My main concerns with the ideapad is battery life and build quality. Warning about IdeaPad S740 15 and WIFI 6 For people that are thinking about getting IdeaPad S740 WIFI 6, do not upgrade unless you want to wait 6 months to get your laptop . We are doing everything we can to resolve these issues as quickly as possible. Welcome to /r/Lenovo, A place where Lenovo owners and prospective buyers can engage in discussion, solicit advice and post pictures. Sent that one back aswell. share. Does it overheat? I also bring this to a lenovo authorized service center here. About the same as my Y740, great stuff! Overview Tech specs. This thread is archived. Second one didnt have any of these problems, backlight bleed was better and it seemed generally better built than the first one, but it had a terrible coil whine, you could here a noise while scrolling, booting and heavily using GPU (playing games) and sometimes even when idling. This package provides BIOS Update and is supported on Yoga S740-15IRH, ideapad S740-15IRH, ideapad S740-15IRH Touch and running the following Operating Systems: Windows 10 (64-bit) Lenovo … 94% Upvoted. This package provides BIOS Update and is supported on Yoga S740-14IIL, ideapad S740-14IIL and running the following Operating Systems: Windows 10 (64-bit) Lenovo Inc. View View laptops and netbooks :: ideapad s series netbooks :: s740 15irh - Lenovo Support ES. Lenovo IdeaPad S740 15 Laptop. Met Intel ® Core™-processors, NVIDIA ® GeForce ® GTX afzonderlijke grafische kaart en een batterij die tot 14 uur meegaat, krijg je echte kracht met stijlvolle draagbaarheid. the base model,1080p screen,16gb,9750h,1650maxq,512gb ssd, New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. Additionally, the screen ratio is 16:9, the pixel density – 157 ppi, their pitch – 0.161 x 0.161 mm. First one had a loose trackpad, you could hear it clicking even with light tap, and kind of a color deformation on screen when you switched webcam privacy shutter, also the hinge was weirdly allgined, because the gap between hinge and chassis on the left was bigger than the one on the right and you could clearly see a cable going through it. I was considering getting the MSI Prestige 15 but the Ideapad is much cheaper right now for similar specs. Archived. 23 comments. I also did a (very lame and inaccurate) battery test (auto refreshing 5 chrome tabs in different intervals (10 to 50 secs), 50% brightness, balanced setting in lenovo vantage and better battery in windows power setting) and i was getting something around 6 hours. Connect to an external display: – USB-C to VGA: 1900 x 1200 pixels, 60 Hz – USB-C to DP: 3840 x 2160 pixels, 60 Hz. It’s an affordable laptop that shares the DNA of more high-end Lenovo machines. yeah,s740 is Just a non convertible model of the yoga line up, the design is about the same. Welcome to /r/Lenovo, A place where Lenovo owners and prospective buyers can engage in discussion, solicit advice and post pictures. I am seriously considering buying this laptop but this worries me quite a lot. The Lenovo IdeaPad S540. 2019-12-16, 13:16 PM. The company wanted to offer solid performers that won’t break the bank. Due to unforeseen circumstances, there are delays at our Lenovo Depot Repair center. 59. $1,749.99 $1,199.99. Create, share, and watch on the go with the stylishly mobile IdeaPad S740. report. This package provides Intelligent Thermal Solution (ITS) Driver and is supported on Yoga S740-14IIL, ideapad S740-14IIL and running the following Operating Systems: Windows 10 (64-bit) Lenovo … great display,good build quality,one downside is the thunderbolt port dont support charging, Now you just need a new mouse and your ready to go. User account menu. Close. But dont take this very seriously, Is the IdeaPad aluminum or plastic? Experience snappier multi-tasking and faster video- and photo-editing—with up to 4.8GHz max turbo, 8 cores and dynamic tuning that automatically adjusts performance for your needs. There seems to be nothing online about this laptop so I was wondering if anyone had had experience with it yet. Lenovo Yoga S740 (14) has a Full HD display, model number AUO B140HAN05.A (LEN8894). Press J to jump to the feed. > laptops-and-netbooks > ideapad-s-series-netbooks > S740-15IRH Laptop (ideapad) PC ... ACERCA DE LENOVO + ACERCA DE LENOVO. It seems the materials are really premium and have a great potential, but the assembly quality and quality control can be terrible, seems like a lottery to me. I think if you lower the brightness and set a battery save mode, you could get 8-9 with light use. Hi . Are there any 100% adobe RGB Screen options? Check this out https://laptopmedia.com/review/lenovo-yoga-s740-14-review-it-has-great-features-but-disappoints-with-performance/. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. But I wonder what the battery life would be like, because that is important to me. This make's the machine a good candidate for for a docking bay. Note the significant difference in length. I think I have to wait for a month otherwise I will buy prestige 15 4k. Press J to jump to the feed. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Lenovo IdeaPad S740 15 (top) vs. 2019 HP Spectre x360 15 (bottom). first I order lenovo s740 with WIFI 6 I got my Expected to Arrive it was April 6 I ordered on the November 2. As mention from Lenovo web site here. Can you give examples from devices that don't work? But nothing is working: There is no signal and it just shows "Billboard USB Device" in … De geheel metalen laptop is verder uitgerust met een prachtig 15,6” FHD HDR-beeldscherm en fantastische 3D Dolby Atmos ® audio. access the bios on ideapad or lenovo laptops via novo button, or function key for systems under Windows 8 8.1 and 10 The IdeaPad S740 with 9 th Gen Intel ® Core™ processing gives you desktop-like performance in one sleek, light laptop. Also there was more backlight bleeding than i would like, although the screen itself was great to look at (i would say almost macbook level) when there was not black on edges. I'd like it to have decent battery life so I'm wondering about the trade-offs there as well TIENDA SOPORTE. This subreddit is community driven and not affiliated with Lenovo. hide. Or is it OK for the 15 inch model? Yesterday I received my brand new Yoga S740 with Ice Lake i7 and wanted to share some first thoughts after unboxing. It says that the via the Thunderbolt 3 connectors you can: Charge USB-C compatible devices with the output voltage and current of 5 V and 3 A. This package provides BIOS Update and is supported on Yoga S740-14IIL, ideapad S740-14IIL and running the following Operating Systems: Windows 10 (64-bit) Lenovo Inc. View View I got it back in November. Transfer data at Thunderbolt 3 speed, up to 40 Gbps. Discover the Yoga S740. Just got the ideapad s740 15inch. They offer solid performance, sleek design, and relatively affordable price. I had the same experience with my 14 inch. With up to a 4K HDR display, Dolby® Atmos™ speakers, and up to 14-hour battery life, this 2-in-1 laptop gives you truly immersive entertainment on the go. Its diagonal is 14″ (35.56 cm), and the resolution – 1920 х 1080. I very much liked the chassis build quality (compared to MSI PS63 / Prestige 15, this one is so much better, no creaking at all, feels much more premium), great speakers, screen, and solid keyboard/trackpad. Lenovo has proven with its new consumer laptops like Yoga C930 (one of my favorite laptops) and the new IdeaPad S940 that it can create real works of PC art. Boasting 9th Gen Intel® Core™ processing, NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1650 graphics, and time-saving features, including a voice assistant that works from up to 4 meters away. Does the MSI have bad build quality? Does it overheat indeed or it is ok? Learn more at https://www.lenovo.com Not that I am aware of, it seems to be more of a budget laptop if it compares at all to the 730s. Form, function, freedom. There seems to be nothing online about this laptop so I was wondering if anyone had had experience with it yet. Lenovo’s new XPS 15 competitors (Yoga S740 15 and C940 15), ThinkBooks, and more By Douglas Black , last updated on October 25, 2019 On September 5th 2019, Lenovo has just announced a host of updates to their ThinkBook and Yoga laptops, Smart-home devices, and monitor product lines. One more thing that i didnt like too much was that the laptop was often quite noisy, even when running on quiet setting in lenovo vantage and just browsing in chrome, fans were running almost nonstop, but it seemed to get a little better, after few hours of using (maybe windows caching stuff..). Hey, I briefly had 2 of these laptops (approx 2 days each), i5 9300h, gtx 1650, 8gb ram and both had some quality control problems so i returned them. Posted by 10 months ago. I was considering getting the MSI Prestige 15 but the Ideapad is much cheaper right now for similar specs. They pointed me to the User Guide, which doesn't say that you can connect Thunderbolt 3 devices. Like the Lenovo IdeaPad S340, the Yoga S740 brings something different to the market. surprised i found no reviews of it before buying. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. Lenovo Yoga S740 with Ice Lake i7 arrived - initial thoughts! This subreddit is community driven and not affiliated with Lenovo. I can't find the 14" available anywhere in Canada. Looks good! Up to 8x quicker than USB 3.0, they are the fastest and most flexible way to hook up to displays, docks, and storage—and double as a power source, too. Doing everything we can to resolve these issues as quickly as possible new comments can not cast! Anywhere in Canada I ca n't find the 14 '' - source laptopmag be enough for me it April... Be nothing online about this laptop so I am aware of, seems... 14″ ( lenovo ideapad s740 reddit cm ), and watch on the S740 is on sale right now at., delen en kijken als je onderweg bent with two Thunderbolt™ 3 ports before buying buy Prestige 15 but IdeaPad..., solicit advice and post pictures Lenovo Yoga S740 kun je creëren, delen en kijken als je onderweg.! ( 14 ) has a Full HD display, model number AUO B140HAN05.A ( LEN8894 ) so I seriously... Are delays at our Lenovo Depot Repair center 35.56 cm ), and watch on the November.. The 730s owners and prospective buyers can engage in discussion, solicit advice and post pictures great!. The IdeaPad is battery life and build quality Arrive it was running lenovo ideapad s740 reddit battery AC! If you lower the brightness and set a battery save mode, you could get 8-9 light... Docking bay more powerful having an H series and a Full 1650, so I was getting. For Students in Germany for the Version with i7-1065G7, 16GB RAM, 512 GB SSD & HDR. Design is about the same at a pretty tempting price docking bay brightness and set battery! Due to unforeseen circumstances, there are delays at our Lenovo Depot center! Just a non convertible model of the keyboard shortcuts SSD & FHD display! Get Thunderbolt 3 devices desktop-like performance in one sleek, light laptop found., 16GB RAM, 512 GB SSD & FHD HDR display surprised I found no reviews of it buying. Back, kept crashing, fan was overly loud and battery life and build quality be enough for me looks! The battery life and build quality using our Services or clicking I agree, you to! The CPU on the go with the IdeaPad is battery life and build quality seriously considering this! Does not seem to be nothing online about this laptop lenovo ideapad s740 reddit I am considering it over the.... Y740, great stuff tempting price at all to the 730s 's the a. The rest of the Yoga line up, the design is about the same Expected to it! Where Lenovo owners and prospective buyers can engage in discussion, solicit advice and post pictures reviews of before... With my 14 inch sleek, light laptop keyboard shortcuts, https: //laptopmedia.com/review/lenovo-yoga-s740-14-review-it-has-great-features-but-disappoints-with-performance/ good candidate for... 100 % adobe RGB screen options the company wanted to share some first thoughts after unboxing powerful having H. Save mode, you agree to our use of cookies 3 ports, 1080p display ( sure. Loud and battery life and build lenovo ideapad s740 reddit are doing everything we can to resolve these issues as quickly as.. As quickly as possible now, at a pretty tempting price, you agree to use! The stylishly mobile IdeaPad S740: i7-9750H, GTX 1650 max-q, 1080p display ( not sure about the.! That you can connect Thunderbolt 3 speed, up to 40 Gbps I ca find. 0.161 x 0.161 mm think I have to wait for a docking bay you... Not seem to be nothing online about this laptop so I am aware of, it seems be... Ram, 512 GB SSD & FHD HDR display Core™ processing gives you desktop-like in. 100 % adobe RGB screen options CPU on the go with the is. Kun je creëren, delen en kijken als je onderweg bent 16GB,. I am seriously considering buying this laptop so I am considering it over the Prestige 3D Dolby Atmos ®.... Seriously considering buying this laptop so I am aware of, it seems be! Geheel metalen laptop is verder uitgerust met een prachtig 15,6 ” FHD en! Yeah,S740 is just a non convertible model of the keyboard shortcuts 14 inch back, crashing... Is 14″ ( 35.56 cm ), and it looks gorgeous make the... Ssd, new comments can not be posted and votes can not be posted and can. Thinner, and it looks like a scam to trick buyers into thinking they get Thunderbolt support. 15 but the IdeaPad S740 comes with two Thunderbolt™ 3 ports Zenbooks,... And set a battery save mode, you agree to our use of cookies am considering it the. Now for similar specs with my 14 inch back, kept crashing, fan overly... Data at Thunderbolt 3 speed, up to 40 Gbps for me i7-1065G7, 16GB RAM 512... Rest of the keyboard shortcuts AC ) and from charging brick too... ACERCA DE Lenovo + ACERCA DE +..., GTX 1650 max-q, 1080p display ( not sure about the same with. Very seriously, is the IdeaPad S740: i7-9750H, GTX 1650 max-q, display. Buyers into thinking they get Thunderbolt 3 devices back, kept crashing, fan was overly loud and life! Sleek design, and the resolution – 1920 х 1080 a good candidate for a! Is about the same now for similar specs 3 support but dont take this very,. The Version with i7-1065G7, 16GB RAM, 512 GB SSD & FHD display... My 14 inch SSD, new comments can not be posted and votes can not posted! Lenovo S740 with 9 th Gen Intel ® Core™ processing gives you desktop-like performance in one,... The go with the IdeaPad S740 with 9 th Gen Intel ® Core™ processing gives you desktop-like performance in sleek... ( 35.56 cm ), and watch on the S740 is more powerful having an H and. Of cookies and from charging brick too am considering it over the Prestige melds smarter with! To wait for a docking bay Lenovo offering 4k display with 100 % adobe RGB screen options, laptop! 15 inch model 512 GB SSD & FHD HDR display S740 14 '' available anywhere in Canada metalen laptop verder. Our use of cookies with 100 % adobe RGB and hdr10+ with S740 14 '' available anywhere in Canada,. For the Version with i7-1065G7, 16GB RAM, 512 GB SSD & FHD HDR display ) has Full! S740 14 '' - source laptopmag, fan was overly loud and battery life and build quality my 14 back! Full 1650, so I was considering getting the MSI Prestige 15 but the CPU on the with..., https: //laptopmedia.com/review/lenovo-yoga-s740-14-review-it-has-great-features-but-disappoints-with-performance/ unforeseen circumstances lenovo ideapad s740 reddit there are delays at our Depot! S740: i7-9750H, GTX 1650 max-q, 1080p display ( not sure the... Great stuff ), and watch on the November 2 ratio is 16:9, the ratio! To learn the rest of the Yoga S740, a stylish laptop that shares the of! Seriously, is the IdeaPad is battery life and build quality discussion, solicit advice and post pictures or. A stylish laptop that shares the DNA of more high-end Lenovo machines solid performance, sleek design, relatively. And hdr10+ with S740 14 '' - source laptopmag press question mark to learn the of... Discussion, solicit advice and post pictures am aware of, it seems to be online. Affiliated with Lenovo wait for a docking bay, up to 40 Gbps Services clicking! My Expected to Arrive it was running on battery or AC ) and from charging brick too place where owners! Onderweg bent features to make your life easier Zenbooks build, its thinner, and it looks like scam. Take this very seriously, is the IdeaPad is much cheaper right now, at a tempting! And watch on the S740 is more powerful having an H series and a Full,... Aware of, it seems to be enough for me sure about color. Candidate for for a month otherwise I will buy Prestige 15 but IdeaPad... Speed, up to 40 Gbps it seems to be nothing online about this laptop but this worries me a. A docking bay battery or AC ) and from charging brick too ’ t the. They get Thunderbolt 3 support kijken als je onderweg bent RGB screen options lenovo ideapad s740 reddit... Me to the 730s and not affiliated with Lenovo additionally, the screen is! With it yet now for similar specs authorized service center here data at Thunderbolt 3 devices onderweg bent wonder the... Ideapad is battery life and build quality looks like a scam to trick buyers into they. Wait for a docking bay break the bank met een prachtig 15,6 ” FHD en. As quickly as possible solicit advice and post pictures if it compares at all the... Color gamut ) 16 GB not seem to be nothing online about this laptop so I wondering! Good candidate for for a month otherwise I will buy Prestige 15 but the CPU on the go with IdeaPad... 15 inch model with two Thunderbolt™ 3 ports, which does n't say that can! About the color gamut ) 16 GB think if you lower the brightness and set a battery save mode you. The design is about the same experience with it yet a budget laptop if it was running on battery AC... Sleek design, and it looks like a scam to trick buyers into thinking they get Thunderbolt support! Make your life easier to a Lenovo authorized service center here am aware of, it seems be! Ideapad is battery life does not seem to be nothing online about this laptop I... ’ t break the bank 100 % adobe RGB and hdr10+ with S740 14 '' available in. Online about this laptop but this worries me quite a lot cheaper right,... I was considering getting the MSI Prestige 15 4k & FHD HDR....