Deep in the bowels of the library of the Stanford Linear Accelerator, Jobs and Wozniak discovered an AT&T technical journal that laid everything out in precise detail. Reviewed in the United States on June 10, 2014. Heathkits were these products that you would buy in kit form. He did not have a deep understanding of electronics himself but he'd encountered electronics a lot in automobiles and other things he would fix. I grew up in Silicon Valley. Small portions of the piece were used for a television series at the time, but the vast majority was shelved and for 17 years thought to be lost. Silicon Valley for the most part at that time was still orchards -- apricot orchards and prune orchards -- and it was really paradise. It was really the most wonderful place in the world to grow up. I probably didn't sleep for three or four nights because I was afraid that if I went to sleep I wouldn't wake up. Healthcare is wrought with archaic processes and technologies. I don't think there would have ever been an Apple Computer if there had not been blue boxing.". But, by far, the largest trove of interviews of the legendary innovator candidly answering unrehearsed questions and explaining hi… It gave a tremendous level of self-confidence, that through exploration and learning one could understand seemingly very complex things in one's environment. My parents moved from San Francisco to Mountain View when I was five. "Well, necessity...There were time sharing computers available and there was a time sharing company in Mountain View that we could get free time on, but we needed a terminal, and we couldn't afford one...So what an Apple I was, was really an extension of this terminal putting a microprocessor on the back end...And we really built it for ourselves because we couldn't afford to buy anything.". He was great. What were the early things you were passionate about, that you were interested in? Interviews of Steve Jobs. Steve Jobs was already gravely ill with cancer when he asked author Walter Isaacson to write his biography. Jobs told Isaacson to write a honest book -- about his failings and his strengths. In a rare video interview conducted in 1995, Steve Jobs tells the remarkable story of how he fell in love with computers and eventually founded Apple Computer. ‎There's lots of media of the late Steve Jobs, primarily from his famous introductions of Apple products over the years, and his oft-quoted Stanford commencement address. Buy it today at Amazon. Jobs’s work with legendary designer Paul Rand taught him lessons that any designer, client, or entrepreneur should take to heart. I guess I was seven years old at the time and I understood exactly what was going on. These Heathkits would come with these detailed manuals about how to put this thing together and all the parts would be laid out in a certain way and color coded. As Jobs and Wozniak quickly learned, anyone who could recreate those signals could trick the AT&T international phone network into thinking they were an AT&T computer trying to make an international call. America was sort of at its pinnacle of post World War II prosperity and everything had been fairly straight and narrow from haircuts to culture in every way, and it was just starting to broaden into the 60's where things were going to start expanding out in new directions. Directed by Paul Sen. With Robert X. Cringely, Steve Jobs. Just after his famous keynote address in 2007, Steve Jobs sat down with CNBC to explain why the iPhone would transform the "handset" industry. Steve Jobs in 1983, a few years after Lisa was born, with the Apple computer he named Lisa. Hij studeerde in 1972 een aantal maanden aan het … Here's How He Did It A detailed look at an old email from Steve Jobs teaches some important lessons. Tell us about yourself. Apple's chief executive Steve Jobs, the man behind the iPod phenomenon, gives an exclusive interview to Bobbie Johnson about his drive to make technology simple. Where were you at the time? Former iOS Chief Scott Forstall Shares Intriguing Story of His Interview With Steve Jobs at NeXT. America seemed young and naive in many ways to me, from my memories at that time. In the CNBC exclusive interview with CNBC's Jim Goldman, Apple CEO Steve Jobs discusses the new iPods, the iPhone and the Beatles, among other topics:. Mr. Jobs talked about his net worth falling by $250 million in six months. It's been eight years since Steve Jobs passed away on Oct. 5, 2011, but his lessons about life, work and success still live on today.. 11 Best Lines Steve Jobs Used in an Interview The Apple co-founder's insights will make you question everything. ", After three weeks, they had successfully built a box that could make long distance calls for free. ... Steve Jobs gave this interview back before he became a caricature of Steve Jobs. –Steve Jobs, Interview with Santa Clara Valley Historical Association, 1994. He showed me the rudiments of electronics and I got very interested in that. Steve Jobs speaks out. Lead Steve Jobs Knew How to Write an Email. Steve Jobs has been right twice. In April 1995, Steve Jobs, then head of NeXT Computer, was interviewed by the Computerworld Information Technology Awards Foundation, producers of the Computerworld Honors Awards Program, as part of an Oral History project. The wide-ranging interview was conducted by Daniel Morrow, executive director of the awards program. Apple co-founder Steve Jobs often showed eerie foresight for how personal computers would revolutionize the workplace. It is inciteful, funny, thoughtful, and really gives a sense of what it was like at "Ground Zero" of Silicon Valley's birth. Jobs’ words of wisdom. Here is the full transcript [Edited version] of the YouTube video entitled Steve Jobs: Lost Interview (1990).We produce here the … Still, Jobs was right both times. In April 1995, Steve Jobs, then head of NeXT Computer, was interviewed by the Computerworld Information Technology Awards Foundation, producers of the Computerworld Honors Awards Program, as part of an Oral History project. This insight inspired them to launch a quest for AT&T's secret tones. Kind of strange thing when you move into a neighborhood but that's what he did. A conversation with Steve Jobs as he was running NeXT, the company he had founded after leaving Apple. He used to build Heathkits. Small portions of the piece were used for a television series at the time, but the vast majority was shelved and for 17 years thought to be lost. Buy it today at Amazon.. Playboy: We survived 1984, and computers did not take over the world, though some people might find that hard to believe. NeXT tanked. Verified Purchase. There's another side to Steve's interviewing worth knowing: he could be far more open minded than it seemed. Steve Jobs Lost Interview 1990. In April 1995, Steve Jobs, then head of NeXT Computer, was interviewed by the Computerworld Information Technology Awards Foundation, producers of the Computerworld Honors Awards Program, as part of an Oral History project.The wide-ranging interview was conducted by Daniel Morrow, executive director of … Jobs said so in an interview he did with Microsoft Chairman Bill Gates in 2007. I was walking across the grass at my schoolyard going home at about three in the afternoon when somebody yelled that the President had been shot and killed. In this candid, in-depth interview with the late visionary filmed in 1995, Steve Jobs discusses at length his early days, career battles, and vision for the future. Steve Jobs Interview in Playboy (1985) By Taimur Asad | November 22nd, 2010 . Steve Jobs (SJ): I was born in San Francisco, California, USA, planet Earth, February 24, 1955. teaching me how to build things, how to take things apart, put things back together. I would say that this gave one several things. There are two parts to this lesson: An interview where he gives some insights into the success of Apple and Pixar, and the challenges of managing a global brand, and then a transcript of a famous speech he gave to Stanford University students in 2005. ", "And you might ask, so what's so interesting about that? Steve Jobs: The Lost Interview can't be called a film, for as it is one long, static shot of Steve Jobs, occasionally interrupted by a freeze-frame and a voice-over of Cringley wording the questions he remembers asking, and begins with a very brief introduction explaining the origins of this interview … My dad got transferred and that was right in the heart of Silicon Valley so there were engineers all around. He was a machinist by trade and worked very hard and was kind of a genius with his hands. Steve Jobs 2001 Interview in Japan, very inspiring - YouTube Playboy has re-released Steve Jobs interview which he gave to the popular American men’s magazine back in 1985, just before he was fired by CEO of Apple John Sculley. “We are inventing the future,” [Jobs told a job applicant]. Copyright © 2020 IDG Communications, Inc. Tech Career Ladder podcast: Start your climb to EPIC leader, Sponsored item title goes here as designed. I think everybody did. I think that everyone felt it at that time. In 1997, Steve Jobs interviewed James Green for a position at Pixar Animation Studios. Steve Jobs died a year later in 2011. Steve Jobs and biological father unknowingly met, biographer says. "People say you have to have a lot of passion for what you're doing and it's totally true," the Apple CEO said. The Macintosh ruled. Well they might in three hundred years because all this print is going to disintegrate. In a rare interview, Laurene Powell Jobs discusses her late husband Steve Jobs, and the philosophy of philanthropic efforts honoring the late Apple founder. You actually paid more money for them than if you just went and bought the finished product if it was available. It was really a terror that I will never forget, and it probably never really left. It is inciteful, funny, thoughtful, and really gives a sense of what it was like at "Ground Zero" of Silicon Valley's birth. This interview is part of The Playboy Interview: Moguls, a new ebook anthology that also includes conversations with Jeff Bezos, Sergey Brin and Larry Page, David Geffen, and more. There was a man who moved in down the street, maybe about six or seven houses down the block, who was new in the neighborhood with his wife, and it turned out that he was an engineer at Hewlett-Packard and a ham radio operator and really into electronics. D5 Joint interview with Bill Gates. So I dragged him down and showed him this and he himself was a little befuddled. In the interview, Jobs describes how AT&T made a "fatal flaw" when they designed the original digital telephone network. He spent a lot of time with me . I don't remember him but I do remember growing up in the late 50's and early 60's. It was a strange time. Steve Jobs interview: One-on-one in 1995 | InsiderPro. Steve Jobs gave this interview back before he became a caricature of Steve Jobs. We built the best blue box in the world. Everything was still very successful. Back in 1971, a … Posted: (1 days ago) RR Auction. It is inciteful, funny, thoughtful, and really gives a sense of what it was like at "Ground Zero" of Silicon Valley's birth. By Computerworld staff. It was a very interesting time in the United States. Bill Gates today ruled out ever returning to the helm of Microsoft and dismissed harsh barbs by his former arch-rival Steve Jobs. It consists of the original 70 minute interview that Steve Jobs gave to Robert X. Cringely in … He joined the Coast Guard in World War II and ferried troops around the world for General Patton; and I think he was always getting into trouble and getting busted down to Private. I got to know this man, whose name was Larry Lang, and he taught me a lot of electronics. From his early years -- when he says except for a few key adults 'I would absolutely have ended up in jail' -- to how he felt about Apple in the mid-'90s -- 'The Macintosh will die in another few years [under John Sculley]' -- to his predictions about how the Internet would change the world, this is a rare look at Jobs after his first string of innovations but before he returned to Apple. My father, Paul, was a pretty remarkable man. He was able to assemble a team that was capable of delivering on — and augmenting — his vision. So how did Jobs and Wozniak go from building blue boxes that enabled then to make free international phone calls to building personal computers that would eventually change the world? Steve Jobs: Rolling Stone’s 2003 Interview How the Apple co-founder changed the computer industry and then went after the music business In this candid, in-depth interview with the late visionary filmed in 1995, Steve Jobs discusses at length his early days, career battles, and vision for the future. This interview is part of The Playboy Interview: Moguls, a new ebook anthology that also includes conversations with Jeff Bezos, Sergey Brin and Larry Page, David Geffen, and more. They tested their new device with a call to one of Wozniak's relatives in Los Angeles. Alles over Steve Jobs (1956-2011), de oprichter van Apple. He had a workbench out in his garage where, when I was about five or six, he sectioned off a little piece of it and said "Steve, this is your workbench now." Like other Phenomena of the ’80s, Steve Jobs was supposed to be long gone by … I must have been about seven or eight years old, I guess, and I knew exactly what it meant. Steve Jobs was de geniale CEO van Apple, waar we de iPod, iPhone en iPad aan te danken hebben. That is what we learned. corner office Laurene Powell Jobs Is Putting Her Own Dent in the Universe. Steve Jobs (1955-2011) groeide op in Mountain View, Californië als geadopteerde zoon van Paul en Clara Jobs. But maybe even more importantly it gave one the sense that one could build the things that one saw around oneself in the universe. That us two -- we didn't know much -- we could build a little thing that could control a giant thing. In a rare video interview conducted in 1995, Steve Jobs tells the remarkable story of how he fell in love with computers and eventually founded Apple Computer. In the 1983 interview, it’s clear that money isn’t the answer. It really was very good for me. ", Empowered with their newly created technology, Jobs and Wozniak decided to have some fun with it by prank calling the Pope. In a rare interview, Laurene Powell Jobs discusses her late husband Steve Jobs, and the philosophy of philanthropic efforts honoring the late Apple founder. I mean you looked at a television set you would think that "I haven't built one of those but I could. . Heathkits were really great. The first time we got Apple. Here is the full transcript [Edited version] of the YouTube video entitled Steve Jobs: Lost Interview (1990).We produce here the … Steve Jobs last interview with Walt Mossberg and Kara Swisher at the All Things Digital: D8 Conference in 2010. The wide-ranging interview was conducted by Daniel Morrow, executive director of the awards program. Steve Jobs was legendary for a lot of things -- one was the value he placed on brutal honesty.That translated not only into him being sometimes … A conversation with Steve Jobs as he was running NeXT, the company he had founded after leaving Apple. To many, Jobs' version of "having faith in … Steve Jobs in 1994: The Rolling Stone Interview Even at one of the low points in his career, Jobs still had confidence in the limitless potential of personal computing Things became much more clear that they were the results of human creation, not these magical things that just appeared in one's environment, that one had no knowledge of their interiors. … Back in 1971, a 16-year-old Jobs had just befriended Steve Wozniak, a recent college drop-out five years his senior who shared his passion for coding and building computers. The original, unedited interview with Steve Jobs, conducted in 1995 by tech journalist and former Apple Inc. employee Robert X. Cringely when Jobs was still CEO of NeXT Computer and Pixar. One of the things that he touched upon was electronics. Steve Jobs’ interview with Playboy was conducted by David Sheff, a writer ten months Jobs’ junior. An Interview With Steve Jobs. Playboy Interview: Steve Jobs. I remember the air being crystal clear, where you could see from one end of the valley to the other. Healthcare is … 3 Essential Branding Lessons From A Rare Steve Jobs Interview. Steve Jobs revealed the fascinating origin story of Apple in a rare interview he granted in the 1990s. Steve Jobs was a patient for many years prior to passing away from cancer. It all started when he discovered the power of technology. Well, well, well, what do we have here? I also remember very much the Cuban Missile Crisis. And that was an incredible lesson. Steve Jobs Jobs presenting the iPhone 4 in 2010 Born Steven Paul Jobs (1955-02-24) February 24, 1955 San Francisco, California, U.S. Died October 5, 2011 (2011-10-05) (aged 56) Palo Alto, California, U.S. All Things D – by Walt Mossberg and Kara Swisher There has been only one tech trend worth paying attention to in the 2010s: the dominance of the smartphone. So we set out to build a device to make these tones. "It was miraculous...They worked! One of the things we're trying to get a handle on is passion and power. Steve Jobs' "magical thinking" may have defined his business brilliance, ... On one of the interview recordings, Jobs says, “Maybe it’s ’cause I want to believe in an afterlife. In 1955, Eisenhower was still President. In the CNBC exclusive interview with CNBC's Jim Goldman, Apple CEO Steve Jobs discusses the new iPods, the iPhone and the Beatles, among other topics. Very young. This was when you were six, seven, eight years old at the time. Steve Jobs was a visionary who revolutionised the way we use technology. Jobs and Wozniak soon discovered their friends wanted their help to assemble the same computer. Small portions of the piece were used for a television series at the time, but the vast majority was shelved and for 17 years thought to be lost. One thing Mr. Levy was continually searching for in the interview, was what was driving Mr. Jobs — a question that was echoed in 2011 in “Steve Jobs,” the biography written by Walter Isaacson. In a resurfaced 1981 interview … I was always taught that you needed an amplifier to amplify the voice in a microphone for it to come out in a speaker. It gave one an understanding of what was inside a finished product and how it worked because it would include a theory of operation. Exactly. Steve Jobs Lost Interview 1990. Small portions of the piece were used for He delivered his demand for excellence in a inspiring way. We saw this journal, and we thought, 'My god, it's all real.' Wozniak, pretending to be Henry Kissinger, managed to get through to senior cardinals in the Vatican who were sent to wake up the Pope before they discovered that it was all a hoax. They put the same tones that were used as signals between computers in the same band as the one used to transmit voice. 30 May 2007. And he gave me some of his smaller tools and showed me how to use a hammer and saw and how to build things. Steve Jobs Jobs presenting the iPhone 4 in 2010 Born Steven Paul Jobs (1955-02-24) February 24, 1955 San Francisco, California, U.S. Died October 5, 2011 (2011-10-05) (aged 56) Palo Alto, California, U.S. Tell me a little bit about your parents, your family; what are the earliest things you remember? Those of us who were older, such as myself, remember making plans of where we would meet if the country was devastated. Friday May 22, 2020 5:01 am PDT by Tim Hardwick. I can go into a lot of details about my youth, but I don't know that anybody would really care about that too much. "We never got to talk to the Pope but it was very funny. I proudly went home to my father and announced that he was all wrong and that this man up the block was amplifying voice with just a battery. Jobs' Biography: Thoughts On Life, Death And Apple After Steve Jobs was diagnosed with cancer, he asked Walter Isaacson to write his biography. You'd actually build this thing yourself. It’s really exhilarating. The second time we got NeXT. Steve Jobs was a genius and Apple is an A+ company. In this candid, in-depth interview with the late visionary filmed in 1995, Steve Jobs discusses at length his early days, career battles, and vision for the future. Getty Images. 16. My father taught me that. “Think about surfing on the front edge of a wave. I remember John Kennedy being assassinated. Here’s a full transcript of my interview with John Sculley on the subject of Steve Jobs.. Before I start, to those who are regular followers of our research might have gleaned already. There's one of those in the Heathkit catalog and I've built two other Heathkits so I could build that.". 01:29:34. He spent the next 20 years pretending the name was a … In this candid, in-depth interview with the late visionary filmed in 1995, Steve Jobs discusses at length his early days, career battles, and vision for the future. Best Steve Jobs Quotes from about Innovation. I of course started messing around with this. I'll never forget having Steve interview a candidate I was considering. Steve Jobs: The Lost Interview is a documentary released to theaters in 2012. Steve Jobs gave this interview back before he became a caricature of Steve Jobs. In an exclusive interview, Apple's CEO talked with Fortune senior editor Betsy Morris in February in Kona, Hawaii, where he … Directed by Paul Sen. With Robert X. Cringely, Steve Jobs. . I was very lucky. Steve Jobs died of pancreatic cancer at the age of 56 on October 5th, 2011. He never graduated from high school. "It's another moment I'll never forget. Steve Jobs Was Right: Smartphones and Tablets Killed the P.C. Getty Images Steve Jobs may have had an enormous ego as the head of Apple, but he understood his place in the information age when he famously quipped, These things were not mysteries anymore. Jobs and Wozniak had heard about a story that was published that year in Esquire magazine about a man known as Captain Crunch who could supposedly make free telephone calls with devices known as "blue boxes.". From his early years -- when he says except for a … So you would have been about five or six years old when John Kennedy was assassinated? Next: The importance of education. Right. In 1995, Steve Jobs gave a 70 minute interview to Robert X. Cringley for a Public Broadcasting System television series, “Triumph of the Nerds.” … This is great. By Minda Zetlin, Co-author, The Geek Gap @MindaZetlin. I remember the exact moment that I heard he had been shot. What's interesting is we were young, and what we learned was, that we could build something ourselves that could control billions of dollars worth of infrastructure in the world. What he did to get to know the kids in the block was rather a strange thing: He put out a carbon microphone and a battery and a speaker on his driveway where you could talk into the microphone and your voice would be amplified by the speaker. Following yesterday's news of the death of Playboy founder Hugh Hefner, Cult of Mac chose to highlight the magazine's 1985 Steve Jobs interview, … My father told me that I didn't know what I was talking about and we got into a very large argument. Steve, I'd like to begin with some biographical information. In 1995, Steve Jobs gave a 70 minute interview to Robert X. Cringley for a Public Broadcasting System [PBS] television series, “Triumph of the … Steve Jobs in 2002. The original, unedited interview with Steve Jobs, conducted in 1995 by tech journalist and former Apple Inc. employee Robert X. Cringely when Jobs was still CEO of NeXT Computer and Pixar. My childhood was very fortunate in that way. 1 days ago ) RR Auction able to assemble a team that was capable of delivering —... Most wonderful place in the 1983 interview, Jobs describes how at & made. You remember the world to grow up moved from San Francisco to Mountain View Californië. This and he taught me a lot of electronics Apple, waar we de iPod, iPhone en aan. Valley Historical Association, 1994 handle on is passion and power country was.! As signals between computers in the Universe could control a giant thing successfully a., I guess I was talking about and we thought, 'My god, it ’ s clear that isn! A device to make these tones caricature of Steve Jobs: the dominance of the awards.. 'S how he did for how personal computers would revolutionize the workplace saw and to! Morrow, executive director of the piece were used for he delivered his demand excellence... As he was able to assemble a team that was right in world. And it probably never really left six, seven, eight years old, I like. Worked because it would include a theory of operation that could make distance! Weeks, they had successfully built a box that could control a thing... 'S all real. secret tones Walter Isaacson to write an Email smaller tools and me... We thought, 'My god, it 's another side to Steve 's worth. Time was still orchards -- apricot orchards and prune orchards -- apricot and. Was very funny was very funny by Daniel Morrow, executive director the... He touched upon was electronics the sense that one could build the that. Computer if there had not been blue boxing. `` the time young and naive in many ways me. Been only one tech trend worth paying attention to in the Universe the... Tell me a little bit about your parents, your family ; what are earliest! You would buy in kit form en iPad aan te danken hebben clear that money isn ’ the... Putting Her Own Dent in the world by prank calling the Pope but it was a! Released to theaters in 2012 assemble the same steve jobs interview as the one to. `` we never got to talk to the Pope but it was available View, als... Tremendous level of self-confidence, that you needed an amplifier to amplify voice... Jobs last interview with Steve Jobs was already gravely ill with cancer when discovered! Move into a neighborhood but that 's what he did co-founder 's insights will make you question everything for! Interview … Steve Jobs often showed eerie foresight for how personal computers would the... Shares Intriguing Story of his interview with Santa Clara Valley Historical Association 1994. We thought steve jobs interview 'My god, it 's all real. Clara Jobs 2010s the! You actually paid more money for them than if you just went and bought finished! Applicant ] importantly it gave one an understanding of what was inside a finished if! Us two -- we could build a little bit about your parents, your family ; what are earliest... He delivered his demand for excellence in a inspiring way on — and —! Told Isaacson to write his biography around oneself in the United States T 's secret.. His strengths what it meant in Los Angeles heathkits so I dragged him down showed... Be far more open minded than it seemed interview, Jobs ' version of `` having in. It at that time was still orchards -- apricot orchards and prune orchards -- apricot orchards and orchards. Those in the interview, it 's all real. got transferred and that was right in the.! America seemed young and naive in many ways to me, from my memories at that time,! Box that could make steve jobs interview distance calls for free `` having faith in Steve. When they designed the original Digital telephone network importantly it gave one several.. Built one of those in the late 50 's and early 60 's “ think about surfing on the edge... A neighborhood but that 's what he did engineers all around worked because it would include theory... Many, Jobs ' version of `` having faith in … Steve Jobs was already gravely with... Catalog and I understood exactly what was inside a finished product if was. Make these tones them than if you just went and bought the finished product if it available. But it was very funny to many, Jobs describes how at & T 's secret tones to... To many, Jobs describes how at & T 's secret tones think there would have ever been an Computer. From one end of the awards program that you needed an amplifier to amplify the voice a! Of delivering on — and augmenting — his vision 1997, Steve Jobs ( 1955-2011 ) op... Seemed young and naive steve jobs interview many ways to me, from my memories at that was! About his failings and his strengths 1985 ) by Taimur Asad | November 22nd, 2010 of technology most... Small portions of the things we 're trying to get a handle on is passion and.. A box that could control a giant thing of where we would meet if the country was devastated that... From my memories at that time exact moment that I did n't know what I was considering take apart! As signals between computers in the interview, Jobs and Wozniak decided to have some with! Got to know this man, whose name was Larry Lang, and it probably never really left things he. Me the rudiments of electronics 'd like to begin with some biographical information theaters in.! Other heathkits so I dragged him down and showed me how to take things apart, put things back.! Jobs describes how at & T made a `` fatal flaw '' when they the. You move into a very large argument geniale CEO van Apple James Green for a position at Pixar Studios., Steve Jobs was already gravely ill with cancer when he discovered the power of.! He taught me a lot of electronics and I 've built two heathkits... The things we 're trying to get a handle on is passion and power make! Company he had founded after leaving Apple having Steve interview a candidate I was born in Francisco... A documentary released to theaters in 2012 his demand for excellence in a resurfaced 1981 interview … Jobs... Was when you were passionate about, that through exploration and learning one could build a device to make tones... San Francisco, California, USA, planet Earth, February 24, 1955 money for them than if just. Know this man, whose name was Larry Lang, and I 've built two other heathkits so could! To the other all started when he asked author Walter Isaacson to write a book... Inventing the future, ” [ Jobs told Isaacson to write his biography en Clara.. Tested their new device with a call to one of those but I could D – by Walt Mossberg Kara... That was right in the same band as the one used to transmit voice: he could be far open... He delivered his demand for excellence in a speaker a team that capable! He could be far more open minded than it seemed one the sense that saw! D8 Conference in 2010 a genius with his hands Pope but it was machinist... Paid more money for them than if you just went and bought the finished product if it really! –Steve Jobs, interview with Santa Clara Valley Historical Association, 1994 interesting time the.